Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcakes with Chocolate Raspberry Sauce
This Easter you can satisfy your sweet tooth cravings whilst keeping it healthy but without giving up the tastes you love!
For the Cup Cakes
40 g (2 tablespoons) Nuttelex Margarine
2 teaspoons skim milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup pure icing sugar, sifted with
1/4 cup self-raising flour
1/2 cup hazelnut meal
1/2 cup cocoa powder, blended with
60 ml hot water, cooled
For the Sauce
2 teaspoons cocoa powder
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1/2 teaspoon arrowroot
1 cup fresh raspberries
2 tablespoons reduced fat cream
1/2 teaspoon icing sugar
1. Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees, and brush your muffin trays with melted margarine
2. Place some margarine, milk, eggs, vanilla, icing sugar, flour, hazelnut meal and blended cocoa powder in a mixing bowl and beat for 2 minutes. Spoon mixture evenly into the muffin trays and bake for 30 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes.
3. To make the sauce, blend cocoa powder and sugar with 2 tablespoons hot water and place the raspberries, blended cocoa, sugar and 1/2 cup water in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir while bringing to boil and reduce heat to low. Blend the arrowroot with little water, add to sauce and stir for 2 minutes until it thickens.
4. Sieve sauce to remove raspberry seeds and let it cool.
5. Serve the cupcakes with sauce, cream, and extra raspberries and sprinkle some icing sugar.
These delicious cupcakes will take about 15 minutes to prepare and 25 minutes to cook and will serve 8 people!
And they are nutritionally completely heart healthy!
Per serve (1 cupcake)
Energy (kJ) 677
Carbohydrate (g) 15
Protein (g) 4
Total Fat (g) 9
Saturated Fat (g) 2
Sugars (g) 11
Fibre (g) 1.5
Sodium (mg) 80
A Registered Dietitian can provide individual dietary advice on the most appropriate types of fat to eat and how much you need each day. An APD can also teach you how to read food labels to help you choose the best foods for you and your family.